Well it was tough and literally up to the minute I went to bed last night, but I DID IT!! I challenged myself to complete the August Photo Hunt Challenge that I found over at Ashley Sisk's Ramblings and Photos blog at the beginning of the month. Her blog is great, well really beyond great! I haven't figured out how she is able to work and do all the amazing challenges she does, but I love it and she is quite the inspiration. Thank you Ashley for making me want to get out and shoot!
I was able to complete this challenge with using only 2 photos from my archives (from June 2010), that being said, I was pretty happy with myself.
So here we go:
1. Something to Represent Me: Well nothing says it more than the Gay Pride flag that was raised atop the Seattle Space Needle during Gay Pride weekend in June this year. Yes this is an archive piece, but to be honest I couldn't resist posting it. It was the first time the Space Needle hoisted the flag and it was quite an emotional moment. I come from such a great city who is so supportive!
2. Something Comfortable: What is more comfortable than the loves from Grammy?! This picture captured the love and special bond that these two have. This shot was also my first attempt at erasing a background and just focusing on the subject. I am happy with it and I think Grammy will love it when she gets it for Christmas :)
3. Something in Season: CRAB!!! Delicious, fresh caught crab! It was a true treat.
4. Feet: My feet! Ok maybe I should have done a pedicure before this picture, but I really like the "infrared" process I did with this one.
5. Repetition: The lines of this gate really intrigued me.
6. Ethnicity: My very talented friend, Drew Rodriguez painted the picture, which I have posted before. U absolutely ADORE his work.
7. Contrast: The red lips and plaid hat SCREAM in this picture. I LOVE IT!
8. Indulgence: It's a feast for this little bee.
9. Macro/Closeup: I LOVE MACRO images! This little grasshopper became my subject after he diligently stayed put after my morning watering of the garden.
10. Masculine: Our friend JT came over one night to visit, and I took advantage of using his beautiful bike for this shot. He hasn't seen this yet and when he does, hope he loves it!
11. Feminine: The simplicity of a white rose.
12. Light: Literally.
13. Eco-Friendly: Ok, this may be a stretch...but the simplicity of a water fountain. No plastic bottles. Just pure water into your mouth.
14. Business: The Edgefield in Troutdale, Oregon. If you haven't been there...put it on your list to visit. Music, wine, brew, golf, spa...list goes on and on!
15. Arrow: My least creative of the shots. But, there are some arrows!
16. Something Wet: I love how the water drops look on the leaves after a rain or even watering the garden.
17. Something Dry: RICE...before it's cooked that is.
18. Butterfly: This is also a piece of Drew Rodriguez's work. The sharpness of this picture is not as good as I had hoped, but it still shows the beauty of his work.
19. Heart Shaped Cloud: I found one! I hope you see it too!
20. Strength: This too is an archive pic, but I loved the girls trying to "hold" up the tiger.
WHEW!!!! I did it! I hope you enjoy!