PLEASE EXCUSE THE MESS....REMODEL TIME!!!




If you haven't become a follower yet and you have stopped by...


Please, pretty please click below and FOLLOW me.





Thursday, September 23, 2010

I've been lazy...

Well not really!  Seems like the last 2 weeks have been filled with lots of events and school and work!  I have had 1 studio photo shoot (pics will be released when I get the A-OK!), photographed 3 events between two HARD TIMES promo nights and my partner's performance and DJ set in Portland last weekend, and to top all that off - 2 family deaths between Kendall and myself. 

So that being said...I have LOTS of photos to edit and get busy posting.  My mind was starting to turn to mush so I thought that I would take a break from all the "event" pictures and try a little creativity with flowers.  I can always rely on my love of flowers to bring me "back to earth".   Here is something I woke up and started working on this morning for "Before and After" over at Pixel Perfect and then I realized that "You Capture's" theme this week was FLOWERS!  Yay for me...2 birds with one stone, or 2 challenges with one picture!

Like I said earlier this month, since we planted a late flower garden we have been able to still enjoy the beautiful blossoms even into late September...I finally went outside and cut some of the African Daisies for us to enjoy inside. 

20100917_233B

And with a little tweaking (Corel Paint Shop Pro PhotoX2) here is what I ended up with! 
20100917_233A

To see more great shots, hop over to the links below:

 

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. what a beautiful shade of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love daisies! I really need to visit the nursery and pick some up for my garden. :)

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It's always easier to edit when the photo comes out great sooc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both versions! What a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your 'before' is great all by itself, but the 'after' gives it a little more attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just awesome. Like a pencil drawing!! I love both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both photos are wonderful! I like the texture on the edit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to more more more! Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat comparison.

    i captured & wrote about sunflowers, although dying, was pleased with what I learned and how they came out.

    http://curiousgeorgi.blogspot.com/2010/09/lifecycle-of-sonflower.html

    ReplyDelete